September is Childhood Cancer Awareness Month. It’s a time to honor and remember children affected by this devastating disease. It’s also a chance for YOU to become a hero to the close to 500 families that the Jay’s HOPE Foundation serves throughout the state.
Heroes come in all sizes. Whether you’re 7 or 70, here are a few of the ways you can help us bring HOPE to families battling childhood cancer…
Click on any of the events below to find out more.
- Hawgs-4-HOPE: Saturday, September 10th at the Harley Davidson in Macon. Guided motorcycle ride through Bibb and Jones counties. Registration begins at 9:30 am. Kickstands Up at 11 am.
- Brunch at Marco’s benefiting Jay’s HOPE: Sunday, September 18th from 11 am-2 pm. Enjoy delicious pastas, carving station and more while supporting our local cancer kiddos.
- Royal Celebration of HOPE: Saturday, September 24th, 6-9 pm, at Banks Stephens Middle School in Forsyth. Meet your favorite fairytale characters, enjoy delicious food and create beautiful crafts on this magical night.
- We Give Wednesdays at Lizard Thicket: On Wednesday, September 7th, shop at Lizard Thicket at the Shoppes at River Crossing in Macon and 10% of their sales that day will benefit Jay’s HOPE!
- Hats 4 HOPE: Students throughout the state are donating a dollar and wearing a hat to support kids in their community battling cancer. Find out how your school can be a part of Jay’s HOPE’s Hats 4 HOPE program.
11th annual Trek or Treat Road Race: Saturday, October 29th at Bass Pro Shops in Macon. Events begin at 8 am.
HOPE 4 the Holidays: Help us bring smiles to hundreds of local children affected by childhood cancer by adopting a child’s wish list. Gifts are given out to our families at our annual HOPE 4 the Holidays party in December.